vegan lamington balls
Just in time for Australia Day!
We're yet to meet anyone who doesn't love a lamington, so we enjoyed the challenge of making them a little less naughty!
Give these a go as they will not disappoint!
Makes 8-10 large balls.
1/2 cup oat flour
2 cups shredded coconut
2 scoops vanilla protein (we used Happy Way)
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil (solid)
2 tbsp plant based mylk (we used oat)
100g (half a block) of Pana mylk chocolate (or other)
1. Process all ingredients except the raspberries, desiccated coconut and chocolate in a food processor until it comes together when pressed between your fingers.
2. Press one tablespoon of the mix into the palm of your hand and place one raspberry in the middle. Shape the mix around it, adding extra to complete a ball. You should not be able to see the raspberry. Repeat until you have used all the mixture up.
3. Place rolled balls into the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave until all melted. Roll each ball in the chocolate until covered before transferring to the coconut to cover.
5. Place back in the fridge to set.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.