matcha green tea yoghurt cakes
when we asked our Instagram community which Belly Blends flavour they'd like to see us use next in a recipe, the resounding winner was...
we love the flavour of matcha and so glad you do too!
our first instinct was to let you in on our matcha green tea ice cream recipe, but the cooler weather has us craving something a little more substantial. but don't worry - we'll drop the ice cream recipe when the sun starts shining again!
so we think you'll enjoy these yoghurt cakes that are super light, fluffy and filling for morning or afternoon tea.
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup plain flour (can be gf)
1 sachet matcha Belly Blends
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsps baking powder
1/3 melted coconut oil
1/2 cup natural yoghurt
1. preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and lightly grease silicone mini loaf or muffin moulds. place on a baking tray for easy transfer to and from the oven.
2. whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. whisk wet ingredients together in a glass jug and transfer to the dry ingredients.
4. using a wooden spoon, mix until well combined.
5. fill moulds and bake for 25 minutes until a skewer comes out cleanly and they are lightly browned.
6. let cool on a wire rack.
the matcha flavour is super subtle in these cakes, so if you prefer a stronger flavour, add a little extra (1-2 tsps) of good quality matcha green tea powder to your dry ingredients. these are best served warm and will last up to 3 days stored in an air tight container.