Golden Spiced Walnut Cookies by CHEW
Amelia from CHEW nutrition has created a series of delicious, gut loving treats using our @belly.blends .
First in the series are these Golden Spiced Walnut Cookies! Chewy, anti inflammatory & bloody delicious.
See the recipe below:
- 1 sachet of golden Belly Blends
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180*C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Follow package instructions to prepare belly blends golden mixture. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- To this mixture, add almond meal, desiccated coconut, baking powder, crushed walnuts and rice malt syrup and stir until well combined.
- Roll into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Press each piece down slightly with your fingers and place a walnut half into the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.