golden spiced pumpkin tarts
Ok. So pumpkin pie isn't traditionally part of an Australian Christmas - but have you ever tried it? We think it definitely deserves a place on the dessert table!
But not only can they be a bit on the fiddley side to make, they're also laden with sugar and fat that we'd prefer to avoid.
So to make this classic super simple and a lot more friendly for our tummies, we've spiced it up with our delicious golden gummy blend and used biscuits as a base instead of pastry. You can also you use the nut base from this recipe here if you have a little more time up your sleeve.
Let's get started!
1 x sachet golden Belly Blends
1 x 400ml can premium coconut cream
1 tblsp rice malt syrup
250g pumpkin (any type will do)
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 biscuits of choice (we used gf butternuts, but anzac would also work well)
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
2. Slice pumpkin and spray with oil on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes until tender.
3. Prepare gummy blend as per packet instructions.
4. Pour half of the mixture into a glass jug and then pour into silicone moulds. Set for an hour in the fridge before turning your gummies out and storing in an air tight container in the fridge. Gut gummy snacks for a week!
4. Puree the roasted pumpkin in a blender before adding the remaining gummy mix. Blend to combine.
5. Place biscuits in the base of a silicone muffin tray and pour gummy mix on top.
6. Set in the fridge for 1-2 hours until set. Store in an air tight container before serving. Decorate with walnuts, a dusting of cinnamon or fried sweet potato chips!