Choc Mint Matcha Slice
What do you get when you take one delicious snack and add another delicious snack?
Double deliciousness, that's what!
We were recently introduced to another good-for-you DIY snack by the name of Baller Blends (great name right?!) and could not resist the opportunity of creating a snack that combined both blends.
The end result?
Our choc mint matcha slice. Tasting just like the naughty version of everyone's favourite after dinner mint, with a mint biscuit-like base, creamy matcha centre, and cracking chocolate top layer.
Gimme, gimme gimme!
1 x sachet of Belly Blends matcha
1 x can premium coconut cream
1-2 tblsp rice malt syrup (depending on how sweet you like your match blend)
1 x packet of Baller Blends Mint-to-be
250g dark chocolate (can use dairy free or make your own using coconut oil, cacao and maple syrup)
1. Prepare the Baller Blends mix as per instructions (super easy) in a bowl until it all comes together.
2. Instead of rolling it into balls, press the mixture into a lined square baking dish and refrigerate while you prepare the next layer.
3. Prepare the Belly Blends as per instructions by heating coconut cream and rice malt syrup in a saucepan over low heat and adding the matcha blend. Whisk for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Pour the blend into a heat-proof jug and portion out into 8 silicone moulds to set as separate gummy snacks. Pour the remaining half of the blend onto the set base. Return to the fridge to set for an hour.
5. Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave or double boiler and pour over the set slice, returning to the fridge to set.
6. Bring to room temperature before slicing to avoid the chocolate cracking.
Perfect as an after dinner treat or even as a dessert to share with friends! The combination of chocolate, mint and matcha is one you will keep coming back to, we promise!
Out of matcha? Shop it here.