cacao + peanut butter fudge bars
chocolate + peanut butter is a match made in heaven, don't you think?
we often throw a cheeky tablespoon of peanut butter into our cacao blends, so it made sense to use them both in a Belly Blends gut-friendly recipe!
complete with a biscuit-style base, fudgey mousse centre and chocolate crackle top, this reverse version of a caramel slice will satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt and is protein packed to help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
1 cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter you prefer)
1 cup oat flour (you can make your own by throwing 1 cup of oats into a food processor and blitzing to a fine consistency. or you could use almond flour for a gf version)
1/4 cup maple syrup
fudge filling ingredients
1 x sachet cacao Belly Blends
1 can of premium coconut cream
1 tbsp of rice malt syrup (optional)
chocolate topping ingredients
1 cup dark chocolate buds or dairy free chocolate (we love the new Pana pieces)
t tbsp coconut oil
- heat the peanut butter and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat until runny.
- turn off heat and stir in oat flour until well combined.
- press into a lined square 8 x 8 inch baking tin and refrigerate.
- prepare Belly Blends as per packet directions.
- pour onto prepared base and refrigerate until set.
- melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat, stirring frequently until melted.
- pour over set filling and refrigerate again until set.
- remove from the fridge 10 mins before slicing into bars.
so grab your cacao blend and get baking, and don't forget to tag us on Instagram if you do - we'd love to see your creation!