cacao orange tart
makes 6, gluten free, dairy free & refined sugar free
we are all about simple recipe hacks here at BB HQ. the choc orange flavour is next level, paired with the crunch of our cacao base.
you will win friends with this recipe... guaranteed! ;)
cacao crunch base:
- ½ cup buckwheat kernels
- 10 dates, soaked
- 2 heaped tablespoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut flakes or shreds
1. place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
2. ensure mixture is sticky enough to press into moulds.
3. place in fridge to set until your filling is made.
cacao orange belly blend filling:
- 1 sachet of cacao belly blends
- 3 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 tablespoon sticky sweetener of choice (honey, rice malt, agave etc)
- make the belly blends mixture as per back of the packet… adding your tablespoon of sticky sweetener & drops of essential oil to the mixture. pour mixture into a pouring jug and pour into prepared cacao bases.
- put in the fridge to set for 1.5 hours.